A comprehensive historical renovation of a 1920 steel framed, masonry skinned, twenty-four story high-rise building in downtown Fort Worth. The facility was fully updated to meet current codes, including accessibility and life safety requirements, as well as energy efficient MEP systems. Using historical documents and photographs, the exterior facade of the first four floors were recreated using cast stone (originally terra cotta). The entire facade was restored with new windows and curtain walls and includes sculpted aluminum and marble features designed with computer software. Two layers of modern facades were removed to uncover what remained of the original structure and facade.
The ground floor elevator lobby was restored to the original style, with marble floors and walls, ornate plaster ceilings with historical bronze accents, and custom lighting, elevator doors and mailboxes.
Numerous challenges and discoveries, being technical, historical and regulatory in nature, were addressed throughout the renovation process.